Last Updated: September 7, 2022
The Scope of This Policy
This policy applies to all PYG users, including Clients and Providers (including Provider applicants), and to all PYG platforms and services, including our apps, websites, features, and other services (collectively, the “PYG Platform”). Please remember that your use of the PYG Platform is also subject to our Terms of Service.
The Information We Collect
When you use the PYG Platform, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third-party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Registration. When you create an account with PYG, we collect the information you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number, birth date, and payment information. You may choose to share additional info with us for your Client profile, like your photo or saved addresses (e.g., home or work), and set up other preferences (such as your preferred pronouns).
Provider Information. If you apply to be a Provider, we will collect the information you provide in your application, including your name, email address, phone number, birth date, profile photo, physical address, government identification number (such as social security number), Provider’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We collect the payment information you provide us, including your bank routing numbers, and tax information. Depending on where you want to drive, we may also ask for additional business license or permit information or other information to manage driving and programs relevant to that location. We may need additional information from you at some point after you become a Provider, including information to confirm your identity (like a photo).
Ratings and Feedback. When you rate and provide feedback about Clients or Providers, we collect all of the information you provide in your feedback.
Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the PYG Platform
Location Information. The PYG Platform collects location information (including GPS and WiFi data) differently depending on your PYG app settings and device permissions as well as whether you are using the platform as a Client or Provider:
- Clients: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the PYG app, including while the app is running in the background from the time you request an experience until it ends. PYG also tracks the precise location of scooters and e-bikes at all times.
- Providers: We collect your device’s precise location when you open and use the app, including while the app is running in the background when it is in Provider mode. We also collect precise location for a limited time after you exit Provider mode in order to detect experience incidents, and continue collecting it until a reported or detected incident is no longer active.
Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the PYG Platform, including experience information like the date, time, destination, distance, route, payment, and whether you used a promotional or referral code. We also collect information about your interactions with the PYG Platform like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use.
Device Information. We collect information about the devices you use to access the PYG Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. If you are a Provider, we also collect mobile sensor data from your device (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration, deceleration, and other technical data).
Communications Between Clients and Providers. We work with a third party to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Clients and Providers without sharing either party’s actual phone number with the other. But while we use a third party to provide the communication service, we collect information about these communications, including the participants’ phone numbers, the date and time, and the contents of SMS messages. For security purposes, we may also monitor or record the contents of phone calls made through the PYG Platform, but we will always let you know we are about to do so before the call begins.
Address Book Contacts. You may set your device permissions to grant PYG access to your contact lists and direct PYG to access your contact list, for example to help you refer friends to PYG. If you do this, we will access and store the names and contact information of the people in your address book.
Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics, SDKs, and other third-party technologies to understand how you navigate through the PYG Platform and interact with PYG advertisements, to make your PYG experience safer, to learn what content is popular, to improve your site experience, to serve you better ads on other sites, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the PYG Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the PYG Platform.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third-Party Services. Third-party services provide us with information needed for core aspects of the PYG Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your PYG experience. These third-party services include background check providers, insurance partners, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
- Information to make the PYG Platform safer, like background check information for Providers;
- Information about your participation in third-party programs that provide things like insurance coverage and financial instruments, such as insurance, payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
- Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional programs or applications, services, or features you choose to connect or link to your PYG account, such as information about your use of such programs, applications, services, or features; and
- Information about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information.
Enterprise Programs. If you use PYG through your employer or other organization that participates in one of our PYG Business enterprise programs, we will collect information about you from those parties, such as your name and contact information.
Concierge Service. Sometimes another business or entity may order you a PYG experience. If an organization has ordered an experience for you using our Concierge service, they will provide us your contact information and the pickup and drop-off location of your experience.
Referral Programs. Friends help friends use the PYG Platform. If someone refers you to PYG, we will collect information about you from that referral including your name and contact information.
Other Users and Sources. Other users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide the PYG Platform;
- Maintain the security and safety of the PYG Platform and its users;
- Build and maintain the PYG community;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the PYG Platform; and
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations.
Providing the PYG Platform. We use your personal information to provide an intuitive, useful, efficient, and worthwhile experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
- Connect you to your experiences and track their progress;
- Calculate prices and process payments;
- Allow Clients and Providers to connect regarding their experience and to choose to share their location with others;
- Communicate with you about your experiences and experience;
- Collect feedback regarding your experience;
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties; and
- Operate contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
Maintaining the Security and Safety of the PYG Platform and its Users. Providing you a secure and safe experience drives our platform, both on the road and on our apps. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Authenticate users;
- Verify that Providers and their vehicles meet safety requirements;
- Investigate and resolve incidents, accidents, and insurance claims;
- Encourage safe driving behavior and avoid unsafe activities;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent users from the PYG Platform.
Building and Maintaining the PYG Community. PYG works to be a positive part of the community. We use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about events, promotions, elections, and campaigns;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and advertising to promote and grow the PYG Platform; and
- Help facilitate donations you choose to make through the PYG Platform.
Providing Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the PYG Platform; and
- Provide you support or respond to you.
Improving the PYG Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. To make the PYG Platform work, we may need to share your personal information with other users, third parties, and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
A. Sharing Between PYG Users
Clients and Providers.
Client information shared with Provider: Upon receiving a experience request, we share with the Provider the Client’s pickup location, name, profile photo, rating, Client statistics (like approximate number of experiences and years as a Client), and information the Client includes in their Client profile (like preferred pronouns). Upon pickup and during the experience, we share with the Provider the Client’s destination and any additional stops the Client inputs into the PYG app. Once the experience is finished, we also eventually share the Client’s rating and feedback with the Provider. (We remove the Client’s identity associated with ratings and feedback when we share it with Providers, but a Provider may be able to identify the Client that provided the rating or feedback.)
Provider information shared with Client: Upon a Provider accepting a requested experience, we will share with the Client the Provider’s name, profile photo, preferred pronouns, rating, real-time location, and the vehicle make, model, color, and license plate, as well as other information in the Provider’s PYG profile, such as information Providers choose to add (like country flag and why you drive) and Provider statistics (like approximate number of experiences and years as a Provider).
Although we help Clients and Providers communicate with one another to arrange a pickup, we do not share your actual phone number or other contact information with other users. If you report a lost or found item to us, we will seek to connect you with the relevant Client or Provider, including sharing actual contact information with your consent.
Shared experience Clients. When Clients use a PYG Shared experience, we share each Client’s name and profile picture to ensure safety. Clients may also see each other’s pickup and drop-off locations as part of knowing the route while sharing the experience.
experiences Requested or Paid For by Others. Some experiences you take may be requested or paid for by others. If you take one of those experiences using your PYG Business Profile account, a code or coupon, a subsidized program (e.g., transit or government), or a corporate credit card linked to another account, or another user otherwise requests or pays for a experience for you, we may share some or all of your experience details with that other party, including the date, time, charge, rating given, region of trip, and pick up and drop off location of your experience.
Referral Programs. If you refer someone to the PYG Platform, we will let them know that you generated the referral. If another user referred you, we may share information about your use of the PYG Platform with that user. For example, a referral source may receive a bonus when you join the PYG Platform or complete a certain number of experiences and would receive such information.
B. Sharing With Third-Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
Depending on whether you’re a Client or a Provider, PYG may share the following categories of your personal information for a business purpose (as we have done for the preceding 12 months) to provide you with a variety of the PYG Platform’s features and services:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government identification number (such as social security number), Provider’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information;
- Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
- Commercial information, such as experience information, Provider/Client statistics and feedback, and Provider/Client transaction history;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers; and
- Location data.
We disclose those categories of personal information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your PYG account;
- Processing or fulfilling experiences;
- Providing you customer service;
- Processing Client transactions;
- Processing Provider applications and payments;
- Verifying the identity of users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Processing insurance claims;
- Providing Provider loyalty and promotional programs;
- Providing marketing and advertising services to PYG;
- Providing financing;
- Providing requested emergency services;
- Providing analytics services to PYG; and
- Undertaking internal research to develop the PYG Platform.
C. For Legal Reasons and to Protect the PYG Platform
We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
D. In Connection with Sale or Merger
We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
E. Upon Your Further Direction
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information
to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide you and our other users the PYG Platform. This means we keep your profile information for as long as you maintain an account. We retain transactional information such as experiences and payments for at least seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations. If you request account deletion, we will delete your information as set forth in the “Deleting Your Account” section below.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
Your Rights And Choices Regarding Your Data
PYG provides ways for you to access and delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
A. All Users
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the PYG Platform.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by texting the word END to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt out of receiving all texts from PYG (including transactional or relational messages) by texting the word STOPALL to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages. Note that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the PYG Platform. Providers can also opt out of Provider-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a Provider SMS. To re-enable texts you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the PYG Platform (such as receiving a notification that your experience has arrived).
Profile Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact PYG’s ability to provide you with our full range of features and services.
Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the PYG Platform.
Do Not Track. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. The PYG Platform does not currently support Do Not Track requests at this time.
Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your PYG account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may retain your information to resolve open insurance claims, or we may be obligated to retain your information as part of an open legal claim. When we retain such data, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes.
B. California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Email webform: You may email us at email@example.com to exercise rights.
To respond to some rights we will need to verify your request either by asking you to log in and authenticate your account or otherwise verify your identity by providing information about yourself or your account. Authorized agents can make a request on your behalf if you have given them legal power of attorney or we are provided proof of signed permission, verification of your identity, and confirmation that you provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
PYG is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The PYG Platform may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
We may update this policy from time to time as the PYG Platform changes and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online, and if we make material changes, we will let you know through the PYG Platform or by some other method of communication like email. When you use PYG, you are agreeing to the most recent terms of this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com